The Sandy Hookers is a Triathlon/Multi-Sport Club, founded by Doug Rice in 1989, to bring like-minded people together.
Our idea was to establish a social venue for athletes as well as people interested in multi-sports, to find others to train with.
Even though most of our members are from the Monmouth/Ocean County area, we are proud to be one of the oldest and largest triathlon clubs in the country.
The Sandy Hookers' members range from some of the most competitive in the area, to beginners new to triathlons, and all levels of athletes who just want
to participate and lead a healthy lifestyle. We welcome anyone and everyone.
For over 20 years, the Sandy Hookers has helped thousands of people reach their potential and realize their dreams, and we did it
together, as a club, by introducing new people to a sport that in most cases has changed their lives.
What Our Club Has To Offer
The Sandy Hookers offer the camaraderie of sharing multi-sports with like-minded people. Some things we offer are:
- Triathlon events ranging from casual to competitive races (See our events/race schedule)
- Training ideas posted by other members
- Special seminars, training camps and guest speakers
- Group swims at the YMCA
- Cycling nights at various speeds and several locations
- Indoor speed cycling training
- Training Runs (Seasonal)
- Message Board for members to keep in touch and share information
SANDY HOOKERS TRIATHLON CLUB
P.O. BOX 186
RED BANK, NJ 07701
We continue to direct people to great events, offer coaching services, and encourage them to meet some of the nicest people around.
Doug Rice, Founder